My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Small summer project

Ugg, 1 week left of summer break and I really haven't accomplished much.  Most of my outdoor projects have been scraped due to the high heat, drought and my lack of motivation.  I did, however, redo a bookcase that my grandmother had given me a few years ago.  It was a dark stain and with my dark house I thought a nice pop of color in the hallway would be beneficial.  I really am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I debated on adding new hardware but the original knobs look pretty nice.  I am now debating on sanding for the distressed look but haven't decided.  I just sanded it instead of priming so I would have that stain to show through in distressing.





Posted by Heather Brewer Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment