My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to the grind

School started a few weeks ago and I really wasn't ready for it to yet again.  I know alot of moms that are more than ready and I was always appauled by this but I have to say by Aug 1 I was beginning to understand it alittle bit.  With that being said I still missed my big guy being gone all day.  He did really well and being in the same class as his best buddy certainly helped.  He is now in the full swing of it and adjusting well.  Sophia stated to a new PreK program as we were not quite ready to send her to kindergarten and she is LOVING it.  She goes 5 days a week in the morning and they have art, music, chapel, library and gym.   She skips out the door excitedly each morning which makes this momma oh so happy!  Ava will start next week 2 mornings a week and we will see how that goes.  She has made comments like "why do I have to go to that scary school?"  "you will stay with me right Mommy?"  Ugg, the only reason I enrolled her this year is because she screamed every time we left Sophie last year and she did not get to stay.  We'll see, maybe she'll surprise me!! 



So happy to go to school!
Sophia is 5 years, preK.



Alex, 1st grade, 7 years old!



Her best buds are in her class, that might be part of the passion for school!

Now that we are getting in the groove I am on a mission to make things run smoothly....is there such a thing?  I have surveyed many blogs and friends on their ways to get their kids to do chores and how they "reward" them.  I know not only for the kids but for myself I have to keep it simple or we won't keep it up.  This is an idea from none other than pinterest but adapted to our needs.  I also made a list of our morning routine and that has helped significantly with making them aware of what is expected each morning before they can have time to watch TV or play before we leave for school. 

It hangs on the door and is a good visual for them.







Also to back track...Sophia is finishing up her cheer class from this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.  She has learned so much and we hope to get back to it once soccer is over. 





Posted by Heather Brewer Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment