My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Menu board

I figure out our menu for the week on Sunday and usually just jot it down so that I can make a grocery list from that.  I wanted to make it a little more "pretty" and organized.  I saw this on a few different blogs and decided to take a crack at it!
 So, I ordered a 12x12 magnetic board from Oriental Trading and a 12x12 clear plastic sheet from SU!.  The nice thing about this board is you can easily slide different sheets of printed paper in and out to change when you get bored or to fit the holiday or season (thanks Tiff for that idea)! 
 Then I added some ribbon to the top for hanging cut, out some fabric flowers with the Big Shot, added some brads and used a glue dot to affix them to the outside of the frame so I can change those easily as well!

 Then I used the 12x12 calender from SU! home decor line and put it on my clear sheet.
The menu items are just printed on my computer, added to some decorative paper and lamenated then I put a magnet on the back so they will stick to my menu board!  So easy and it looks nice.  My calender rub-on is a bit cockeyed because it stuck before I was ready for it to!  If you do a menu for your family I recommend this idea.  You can put the unused menu items on the back out of the way.  I just printed up all of our favs and then put a few "out to eat" for those rare times we do eat out and then left 4 or 6 blank so I could use a dry erase marker to write in anything that may come out that we are just trying out.  Not sure if I will plan out past a week still because I sometimes base my menu on what is on sale but I can at least look back and see what we had over the past few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment